Flea Market Finds

I love vintage! and I especially love finding unexpected beauties and reworking them and giving them new life!

Yesterday I visited a local charity store on my way home from an inspiring masterclass hosted by UK's Abigail Ahern.  I was already inspired, with my mind buzzing with design ideas - which I found to be a great frame-of-mind when stepping into a charity store or flea market because it really is like trying to a diamond in the rough!


Firstly I found this huge gold framed original artwork, with gorgeous teal mounting.  I ended up buying this ($40 whooh!) and still deciding on whether to swap the artwork (the frame is my fave part) or keep as is! My instagram followers seem to love the artwork...



Next up were these silver trays.  These ranged from $3 - $9.  I purchased one which was alot more used and less fancy which i loved, and it was only $3.... and now sits on my dresser & holds my perfume collection.


This armoire was less than $200.  I would sand back the shellac coating and paint in an teal or white and distress it...  Ikea sell a similar one in lilac that's tiny but those little legs are damn cute.  


Next up, this cabinet.  Loving those cane-esque doors!
Sand back lightly and spray with white.  Get rid of the top door for open shelving and change the knobs to gold or brass....  

Or for a standout piece, get it sprayed professionally at a car sprayer in a high gloss pink or yellow!


This baby was $170 (i think).... and I am considering going back to get it!  Perfect little console with so much detail.  Would either keep as is or get my lovely boyfriend to professionally spray paint in a high gloss enamel.



This butter silverware was only about $8 but it's so cute and has many uses.  I didn't get this (bought alot more I haven't shown on here, including a gorgeous ginger jar lamp base, framed botanical print, 2 silver goblets and a brass skinny vase!).  

I would put this on my dressing table to store some jewellery, or on a console to keep my keys in or maybe even keep my business cards in it on my desk!


As I am freelance styling full time now (not working a dayjob anymore, hooray!) I have more time for shopping (or propping as we call it) and am also available to source any items you might be after for your home, shop or photoshoot! 

Email me any questions to info@melissasimonetta.com

Labels: